Watch Out Latest Movie Trailers

Watch Out Free Online Movies:

Friday 30 December 2011

Willy O` Winsbury - Traditional







It is my fervant prayer that my performance is not over the top. Its just that I feel this sort of music is embedded into my DNA genetic structure. These Celtic songs of olde are my favorite kind of music. There are many great covers of this song. Garibelon, sweeney`s men, Kenkeatley, Luke Kelly, Anne Briggs, Meg Baird, Andy O stewart, I think Dougie MacLean sing this. My personal favorite, though I havent heard him sing it as of yet is by Dick Gaughan. Willie o' Winsbury Am GCG The king had been a poor prisoner Am Gsus Fsus And a prisoner long in Spain Csus Am Csus Em And Willie O of Winsbury Am Em F Has lain long with his daughter at home "What troubles you my daughter dear you look so pale and wan oh Have you had any sore sickness Or yet been sleeping with a man?" "I have not had any sore sickness Nor yet been sleeping with a man It is for you, my father dear, For biding so long in Spain" "Cast off, cast off your berry-brown gown Stand naked on the stane That I may know you by your shape whether you be a maiden or a nane" So she`s cast off her berry-brown gown And she Stood naked upon the stane Her apron was short her haunches round Her cheek was pale and wan "Was it with a lord or a duke or a knight Or a man of birth and fame Or is he one of my serving men That lately come out of Spain?" "He is not a lord nor a duke or a knight Nor a man of birth and fame But he is Willie of Winsbury I could bide no longer alain" The king has called on his merry men all By thirty and ...

Views:
19


4
ratings
Time:
05:34
More in
Music

Click here to watch out English video song!

No comments: